Precision Aerobatics Committee Canada
Who we are…
Why Precision Aerobatics?
Precision Aerobatics is a sport where precision and skill are used to perform aerial maneuvers with a radio controlled model aircraft. These aerial maneuvers are flown in an aerobatic box.
The aerobatic box is a vertical plane which is set at a distance of 150 meters. The length of the box is set by lines extending 60 degrees on either side of a centre line. The resultant aerobatic box is 520 meters by 259 meters. The height of the box is not to exceed an angle of 60 degrees. The pilot operates his model aircraft from the centre line.
The aerial maneuvers include components such as loops, spins, snap rolls, rolls, lines and stall turns, which are flown in predetermined sequences (schedules). These maneuvers are either performed in the centre of the aerobatic box (centre maneuver) or at the either end of the box (turnaround maneuver). The end maneuvers are called turnaround maneuvers because the direction of flight is reversed during the end maneuvers.
The aerial maneuvers are flown in predetermined sequences (schedules). The schedules are flown as five different classes, Sportsman, Intermediate, Advanced, Masters and F3A. The 4 lower level schedules are governed by the Precision Aerobatics Committee. The hardest schedule is set by Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) and is also used in international and world competitions.
The schedules are designed with building blocks in mind so that the pilots learn basic skills before moving on to a longer and harder schedule. The schedules allow for pilots with similar abilities to be competitive with each other. In Precision Aerobatics the aerial maneuvers performed are subjectively scored by a panel of judges.
Below you can see a group of modified Crickets trainers that were flown in the Intermediate class. Intermediate is the next higher class from Sportsman. The two main requirements at these levels are a properly trimmed plane with adequate power.
There are restrictions on the models for precision aerobatic competitions. The models are limited to 2 meters in wing span and length. They are also restricted to a dry weight of 5 kg. Engine size is unlimited.
Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you about membership!
[contact-form-7 id=”12″ title=”Contact form 1″]
Regarding Chilliwack Pattern Primer..
Chilliwack Pattern Primer
In October, when Ron Dodd and I talked about putting on a Pattern Primer, I thought that if we could attract four to six pilots, and one or two actually took up Pattern, we would have achieved our goal. Did I ever underestimate the interest in the Fraser Valley. We had eighteen pilots sign in, and I think we will have at least three or four new pilots competing this year.
On top of that, when I asked the Pattern community for help, I was inundated with support. Twelve pilots in all, for a total of thirty attendees. Chad Northeast, Canada’s number one Precision Aerobatic pilot, came from Calgary for the weekend. Mike Allman drove down from Vernon for the day. Dave Reaville and Mark and Syd Byrne came over from the Island. Paul Bedford and Ron Kennedy up from Maple Ridge. Special thanks to Ron for the call cards, a stellar job as always.
Phil Murray, Andrew Beranek, Paul Dries, Scott Esplen, and Mike Eyre came to help and brought planes to test and trim for the up coming season.
The morning started with Chad, Mike and I talking about the many aspects of Precision Aerobatics. Then we had demo flights by Ron, Paul, Mike and Chad. Next we broke into groups and went over setup, trim and then tried some trim flights. Trim flights were difficult as the wind was strong and blowing across the runway. All in all, I think it was a very successful event. I look forward to hosting this event again.
Special thanks to Ron Dodd and the Fraser Valley R/C Flyers for the use of their field on Saturday.
Suggested reading for all new members:
Why You Need To Look For Reviews before Buying RC Helicopters
When it comes buying an RC helicopter, there are several things you have to consider. But considering your busy schedule, how will you be able to assess the product based on your preferences? You need to see a catalog of these products or any document that could provide you the details. That is why reviews are created to give you such access to the important information of different product- and yes that include for RC helicopters. Specific reasons why there is a need to look for these reviews is discussed on the contents below.
- Image of the product. With product reviews, you will be able to see the RC helicopters at their best angles. Having no time to go to the store and check their looks might lead you to buying a product that does not comply with your preferred requirement. Most reviews posted online take several pictures of the product. This is intended to give the potential customers a complete description of how it looks like. However, this does not guarantee you to see the identical colors of the product as lights and camera resolution could be tricky when it comes to the pictures.
- Product details. When it comes with the specification of the product, you can always rely on reviews. Different RC helicopters have varied characteristics that you will surely love. In review pages, you will get to be acquainted with the important details as specified below.
- Material. Reviews do feature the type of material the product is made of. Most RC helicopters are made of plastic and lightweight metal or combination of these. When the toy is mainly made from metallic material, there is a chance that it can’t fly that high because of its weight. Meanwhile, this material is durable and could resist environmental stresses such as hitting on trees and other hard objects.
- Durability. A good resource for such information isn’t it? Reviews give you a description of the product when it comes to its durability. Some RC helicopters are specially made to have a sturdy built so it could last for long even when banging on hard surfaces (such as crashing).
- Lights. Some RC helicopter does have a headlight and special gleams like LED on its body parts. Thanks to product reviews, you’ll get to know this feature is existing on the toy. Meanwhile, speaking of the headlight, isn’t it cool to have a helicopter that can help you when flying in the darkness? And LED lights are also a good indication for you to know where the toy is in the dark sky.
- Remote control. There are two types of remote control you’ll get an encounter with this electronic helicopter. The usual one which comes with buttons and the one operated with stick and throttle. The latter one gives you the feeling of driving the helicopter yourself. Sounds awesome yes!
- Special features. Reviews are very helpful when it comes with knowing the product’s icing, like the fancy topping of the cake. Special features give cool distinction with different RC helicopters. Product reviews show information such as the camera, panic mode and gyro feature of a particular toy. Yes, there is helicopter that contains camera allowing you to take pictures or overlooking video of the place where you are flying the unit. A panic mode is a helpful tool as it minimizes the impact of the crash of the helicopter on the ground, while gyro feature allows the toy to rotate 360 degrees easily while on the air.
- Warranty. Yes, some reviews indicate the warranty of the product and how long you could still enjoy it. This item allows you to return the product and get a new one when there is/are problem/s during the privileged period of your use. Well, of course, it depends on the problem if it is within the scope of the manufacturer’s concern. On the other hand, it is a good advantage if you have a helicopter that has replaceable parts. This allows you to change the portions with a fancier material available in stores.
- Pros and cons. Most product reviews showcase the advantages and disadvantages of RC helicopters. Here you will get to know the edges of the product over other units. Disadvantages show you the possible consequences of having such helicopter.
Considering the items mentioned above, you have to check out product reviews to be guided with the RC helicopter that best suit your preferences. Meanwhile, view this website to learn for about product reviews.